Thursday, May 24, 2012

Survival of the Dead (2009)

Spoilers!

Survival of the Dead (2009)
Dir: George A. Romero
Starring: Alan van Sprang, Kenneth Welsh, Kathleen Munroe
85 mins.
USA

Synopsis: While escaping the zombie apocalypse, mercenary National Guardsmen learn of a secluded island off the coast of Delaware. Feeling the island is better than living on the mainland, the Guardsmen head for the island. Unfortunately, the Guardsmen are in for an unfortunate surprise.

My review: This movie has gotten a crapload of flack from viewers: Irish stereotypes; the fact that there's no island off the coast of Delaware; why do some people on the island speak with thick Irish accents while others speak with hillbilly accents?; zombies that ride horses; the zombies are the slowest zombies in history; only a fraction of the people killed in this movie die from zombie attacks; etc.

I'm not a huge zombie fan but I am a hardcore horror fan so I gave this a shot. This movie got a "meh" rating from me. On imdb.com many hardcore zombie and Romero fans expressed extreme disappointment with this movie that some even said they wouldn't watch another Romero movie again. I think that's harsh but understandable.

My rating 1-star outta 3. I believe this flick is on youtube. I got it free so I never bothered to check.




No comments:

Post a Comment